Friday, 28th September, Agcom, Sala Angrisani, Via Isonzo 21, Rome
By invitation only
The IIC Italy Chapter is holding an invitation-only workshop on Friday, 28th September on Infrastructure competition and network separation, kindly hosted by the National Communications Authority, AGCOM.
Noting Article 77 of the new EECC proposal and the Agcom Market analysis 2018-21 on Electronic Communications, the workshop will involve a group of distinguished experts, regulators and stakeholders to discuss the evolution of the market and regulation of the sector in view of possible changes in the competitive environment provided by fibre deployment and the growth of new wholesale-only operators.
All invited participants will be welcomed to join in a lively debate, to define the best policies for the electronic communications sector, also in the context of some relevant changes (IoT, 5G, etc.), where the role of a future-proof pro-competitive infrastructure regulation is possibly even more important than in the past.
The meeting will be held under the Chatham House Rule.
10.15 Welcome Address
- Angelo Marcello Cardani, President, Agcom
- Augusto Preta, President, IIC Italy Chapter
10.30 Chair: Antonio Nicita, Commissioner Agcom
Speakers (15 min)
- The infrastructure regulation in the Gigabit society: Francesco Graziadei, Luiss University
- Telcos market evolution and best options for investors in different regulatory models: Luigi Minerva, HSBC
- Digital single market e infrastructure’s best regulation: Nikolaos Dendramis, DG CNECT
- The UK case: Clive Carter, OFCOM
Debate. Interventions from the floor, including the presentation of the Sweden case (max 5 min)
12.15 Conclusions: Maurizio Mensi, Chairman, Organo di Vigilanza, Telecom Italia
From left to right: Angelo Marcello Cardani, Augusto Preta, Antonio Nicita, Francesco Graziadei, Luigi Minerva, Clive Carter, Maurizio Mensi
To download the programme, click here.